For the fourth straight year, over 300 students at St. Agnes Catholic School dedicated a day of service, Rams Reaching Out Day, to benefit the many ministries of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas.
Divided among the 21+ programs at Catholic Charities, a large group of students sorted over 1600 lbs of food at the Hope Distribution Center, while others sorted and tagged clothing for sale at TurnStyles Thrift Stores. All-in-all the St. Agnes students served over 600 hours helping our neighbors in need!
St. Agnes staff, clergy, parents and students – preschool through 8th – contributed their time, talent and treasure, proving there is no limit when it comes to helping others.
In the News:
Jim Cunningham from KMBZ 980 was at school in the morning and his story ran multiple times on the radio throughout the day.
Shawnee Mission Post featured a nice story about the sixth grade project at Hope Distribution Center.
KSHB Channel 41 was at St Agnes school for a good portion of the morning. You can see the morning news story here.
ST. AGNES DONATED:
- 188 Bags of Pasta
- 258 Bags of Coffee
- 1,100 Diapers
- 26 Outfits and 21 Baby Blankets
- 400 books for Foster Grandparents
- 364 Snack Bags for the Summer Food Program
- 415 Personal Care Items for the Resource Bus
- 75 Care Packages for Shalom House
- 156 Protein Balls for Shalom House
- 14 Hand-painted Hope Stones
- 537 Food Items for Hope Distribution Center
- 67 Bags of Clothing and Housewares for TurnStyles Overland Park
- 150 Decorated Grocery Bags for the Food Pantries
- 160 Cards for the Hospice Program
- 160 Books and Decorated Bookmarks for the Summer Food Program Distribution Sites
- 70 Packs Full of School Supplies for the Refugee Summer School Camp