Donate Goods and Clothing
Donate to TurnStyles Thrift
Are you decluttering your house, cleaning out a closet, moving or redecorating?
Your gently used items can help Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas support our 30+ programs!
Did you know? Catholic Charities also accepts car donations. Check out our Cars, vehicle donation program. If you would like to make a monetary donation directly to our programs, check out our Ways to Donate. For retail or large donations, please contact us. For residential pickups please call 913-648-6795 or email [email protected].
Our Easy Donation Drop-off Process
Donating at one of our convenient parking lot bins? Please only place clothing, coats and small accessories into these bins.
- Review our list of accepted items before donating.
- Ask for a receipt when dropping off your items.
Your donation is tax-deductible!
- Wash items before donating.
Removing stains and smells is a kindness to our volunteers. It also makes your items more likely to sell and generate funds that support our community.
- Check whether your items are broken, torn or stained.
Remember: one man’s trash is another man’s treasure, but sometimes trash is just trash. It costs us time, labor and other expenses to dispose of unusable items. Examples include stained cloth baby diapers and bedsheets!
- Please sort your items.
For example, all clothing should be placed into one bag, and household goods into another.
What can you donate?
Items We Accept
- Clothing (clean, without tears or stains)
- Furniture (free of obvious stains, tears and odors)
- Housewares and small appliances in working condition
- Large appliances in working condition
- Vacuum cleaners in working condition
- Musical instruments
- Power and hand tools
- Electronics in working order (cell phones, stereos, etc.)
- TVs in working condition (new to 5 years old)
- Sports and/or camping equipment
- Large toys
- Canned and packaged food
Items We Do Not Accept
- Furniture that is broken, stained or odorous
- Items with mold
- Mattresses, box springs and sofa sleepers
- Car seats, strollers, cribs or baby beds
- Pianos or organs
- Console TVs
- Exercise equipment
- Window blinds
- Built-in appliances & fixtures (hardwired): dishwashers, furnaces, microwaves, ceiling fans, lighting fixtures, etc.
- Office furniture or cubicles (other than home office furniture)
- Construction materials: lumber, pipes, floors, tubs, cabinets, carpet, doors, windows, etc.
- Automobile parts: tires, mufflers, fenders, etc.
- Weapons: firearms, explosives, ammunition, flares, etc.
- Helmets (used) of any kind
- Broken appliances
- Hazardous and/or Flammable materials
- Mirrors or glass without frames
- Computers and computer equipment
We reserve the right to not accept items, and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Volunteer with Us!
Volunteers make up 95% of TurnStyles Thrift operations! We have opportunities for individuals, families, small groups, corporate groups, youth groups and more!
Other Ways to Donate
Donating gently used clothing, furniture and household items is not the only way to support the work of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas! Check out the many other ways to donate.