School’s Out. Food’s Out.
Did you know Kansas ranked almost last at feeding school children who depend on free or reduced price lunch over the summer months? Over 185,000 children who reside in the state qualifies for free or reduced-priced school lunches, but sadly only 7% of these kids have access to summer lunch programs.
Feeling that no child in Kansas should go hungry, Catholic Charities operates the Kids Summer Food Program in partnership with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the Kansas Department of Education. Children, up to 18 years of age, receive FREE nutritious sack lunches during the summer months. Feeding sites are held at community places such as libraries, parks and local swimming pools. Local volunteers are instrumental to the success of the program, helping with the distribution of meals.
We have two food sites in Johnson County in need of volunteers. If you are interested, click on a link below to sign-up.
If you are a family looking for support with summer food we are here to help!
- The Kids Summer Food Program feeds children for FREE; no income requirements or registration is required!
- Click here to find a site near you.
- The Kids Summer Food Program is in partnership with the USDA and the Kansas Department of Education.
- The meal provides healthy food options for your child and is approved by the USDA.
- Each site has fun, kid-friendly activities, including games, crafts and books.
- Parents who accompany their children are also eligible to receive a free lunch.
We look forward to seeing you and your children at the Kids Summer Food Program as we enjoy the summer with activities, food and fun! No sign up necessary, or ID required. Children up to 18 years of age are welcome to eat for FREE!
For questions about Catholic Charities Kids Summer Food Program please call: 913-433-2100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Kids Summer Food Program is an equal opportunity provider.
2017 KIDS SUMMER FOOD PROGRAM SITES
Click on a food site for location, days and times.