Preparations have been underway to open our 87th street TurnStyles Thrift store location for shopping and donations on Monday, May 11th. The other two stores at 135th & Nieman in Overland Park and Martway and Nall in Mission will open at a date to be announced.
New Hours of Operations:
Shopping: Monday-Friday, 9 am – 7 pm; Saturday, 9 am – 6 pm
Donations: Monday-Friday, 10 am – 6 pm; Saturday, 10 am – 5 pm
At TurnStyles Thrift, the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, shoppers and donors are extremely important. All staff and volunteers will be required to wear gloves and a facemask while at work. Visitors are strongly encouraged to wear facemasks. We will adhere to strict social distancing guidelines in all areas of our store including our production areas.
Here are other steps that we are taking in our store and donation bay area:
- Guests are limited to 5 people per 1,000 square feet. That means we will only have 40 shoppers in our store at any given time.
- Shopping carts will be wiped down after each guest. Carts will be sprayed every 2 hours with a hospital grade disinfectant.
- Social distancing reminders have been placed throughout the store, as well as 6ft measured out marked spaces on the floor near the check-out.
- A protective Plexiglas barrier has been installed at the check-out station. It will provide separation between the cashiers and the shoppers. It will allow for just enough space for our guest to place their chosen purchases on the counter for check out.
- All items purchased must be removed from the store on the date of purchase. We will not hold any item.
- Check-out counter will be cleaned between guests.
- High touch point surfaces throughout the store will be wiped down every hour.
- Someone will be walking through the store to assist with cleaning at all times.
- Public restrooms and drinking fountains will be closed.
- Donation process will be contactless. Donors will be directed to place their donations directly into marked tubs.
- In compliance with current CDC guidelines, donations will be quarantined for 72 hours before processing.
- No outside guest will be allowed into our donation bay while making a donation.
- Only clothing, housewares and electronics will be accepted due to available space for quarantine. No furniture donations will be accepted at this time.
- No pick-up or delivery will be offered.