Temporary Family Support Center Hours
Our Family Support Centers continue to serve during this great time of need in our communities. Please wear a mask and maintain social distancing.
- All food pantries are open Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 9:00 am-12:00 pm and 1:00 pm-3:30 pm. Closed for lunch. Please follow the drive-up directions posted at each location.
- Happy Bottoms diapers can be picked up Monday-Friday 8:30-4. Please sign up online before your first pickup.
- Case management for rental/utility assistance is available by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, please call your local FSC Monday-Friday 8:30 am-4:30 pm. Walk-ins are not accepted at this time.
- Clothing voucher hours: Tuesday 9:00am-noon and Thursday 1:00-3:30pm.
Debido al coronavirus, los centros de apoyo familiar siguen a servir nuestras comunidades. Por favor lleve una mascarilla y mantenga un distanciamiento social.
- Todas las despensas de alimentos está abierta los lunes, martes y jueves a 9:00am-12pm y 1:00pm-3:30pm. Estamos cerrados durante el almuerzo.
- Los pañales de Happy Bottoms pueden ser recogidos los Lunes-Viernes a 8:30-4. Por favor, registrase en linea antes de su primera visita.
- Los coordinadores de servicios para ayuda con renta o utilidades están disponibles solo con cita. Para una cita, llame a su FSC local Lunes-Viernes 8:30am-4:30pm. No se aceptan visitas sin cita.
- Horario para usar vales de ropa: Lunes 9:00am-12:00pm y Jueves 1:00pm-3:30pm.
Nearly 65,000 people in Johnson County struggle to get enough food to eat. At times, they’re forced to make difficult choices between feeding their families and paying their rent.
Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas is here to help. Our Overland Park Family Support Center (FSC) is available to low-income individuals and families who need food or assistance with basic utility payments, housing, clothing or medical prescriptions.
The help goes beyond meeting immediate needs. An on-site case manager works to identify solutions and resources that will lead to long-term change.
GIVING HELP. GIVING HOPE.
Although Catholic Charities had been serving Johnson County, it was determined that an on-site FSC in Overland Park could more directly meet the community’s needs. The Overland Park FSC opened in 2010.
This past fiscal year, demand for services continued to grow in Overland Park. We served 10,490 unduplicated individuals. We provided food assistance 30,714 times. Ten percent of the food assistance went to seniors. Household and personal items increased 37% while the distribution of gently used clothing grew by 102% and the number of financial education participants was 133% higher.
We could not assist our neighbors in need without the support and generosity of individuals, businesses, parishes and foundations who step up to organize food drives, make gifts-in-kind, volunteer in our food pantry and make financial contributions. We are truly blessed.