- 6 zucchinis thinly sliced.
- 6 tomatoes finely chopped.
- 6 cloves garlic lightly crushed but whole.
- 1 cup finely chopped basil or parsley.
- salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. butter a 12-inch baking dish.
- Arrange half the zucchini in a layer in the prepared dish. Top with half the tomatoes. Sprinkle with half the garlic and basil.
- Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with the oil. Top with the remaining zucchini and cover with the remaining tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with the remaining garlic and basil. Beat the egg and cream and season with salt and pepper. Pour over the vegetables.
- Bake until the vegetables are tender, 50-60 minutes. Serve hot.