- 1 lbs. mustard greens, stems and coarse ribs discarded.
- 1 large clove garlic minced.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste.
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste.
- Cook mustard greens in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring to submerge, until wilted and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer with tongs to a large bowl of cold water to stop cooking.
- Drain greens in a colander, pressing to squeeze out excess moisture, then coarsely chop.
- Cook garlic in butter in a heavy pot over moderately low heat, stirring, until softened about 2 minutes.
- Add boiled greens, salt and pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until heated through about 5 minutes.