- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the cream and simmer until thickened, 5 to 7 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add as many collard greens as will fit, season with 1/4 teaspoon salt, and cook, tossing frequently and adding more greens when there is room until wilted 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add cream sauce and toss to combine.
- In the bowl of a food processor combine the lemon juice, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Let stand while you pull together the other ingredients.
- Then puree with the spices, mint, zest and enough olive oil to make a thick sauce.
- Steam or boil the long beans until they are tender-crisp, then immediately chill them down in cold water to stop the cooking and set the color.
- Shortly before serving toss them with the mint-garlic sauce and serve at room temperature.
- Pairs well with grilled pita bread and eggplant.