- 3 bunches collard greens, stems discarded and leaves coarsely chopped.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 small onion chopped.
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the cream and simmer until thickened, 5 to 7 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add as many collard greens as will fit, season with 1/4 teaspoon salt, and cook, tossing frequently and adding more greens when there is room until wilted 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add cream sauce and toss to combine.