- 1-pound fresh okra rinsed and dried thoroughly
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper.
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- (Or 1 full teaspoon for the bold)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Trim the rough tops and skinny bottom tips off of the okra pods and cut the okra in half lengthwise.
- In a large bowl, toss the okra, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and olive oil together until well combined.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, spread the okra in a single layer and roast in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until brown.
- Serve immediately.