- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. mixed summer squash (zucchini, yellow squash, & pattypan), cut in 1/4-in. rounds.
- 2 shallots thinly sliced.
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme or marjoram, plus sprigs for garnish.
- 1 tsp chopped garlic Freshly ground pepper
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from a 15-oz. box)
- 4 oz Roquefort cheese, Gorgonzola or other good- quality blue cheese
- 1 roasted yellow or red pepper (freshly roasted or from a jar okay) cut in strips.
- 1 large plum tomato, sliced seed removed.
- 1 large egg, beaten.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add squash and shallots and cook, turning pieces as they start to color, 7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Remove from heat, stir in thyme, garlic and pepper to taste. Cool to room temperature.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; unroll or unfold pie crust on the parchment.
- With a rolling pan, roll crust to a 13-in round. Crumble half the cheese over crust to within 2 in. of edge.
- Arrange squash mixture, pepper strips and tomato slices on cheese, fold edge of the crust over filling and brush crust with egg.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes until pastry is golden. Slide tart, still on parchment, onto a wire rack. Crumble remaining cheese over top. Let cool before serving.