St. Rita, A Workforce Program
Education & Career Advancement Assistance
St. Rita, a Workforce Program, is a ministry of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas that is designed to remove barriers for those who are unemployed or underemployed. The program is for individuals who are motivated to break the cycle of poverty and change their lives through education and career advancement.
The St. Rita Program provides the support and assistance needed to earn a certificate or degree, as well as obtain and retain employment. The overall goal is for graduates to find success in a high-demand, high-paying profession.
Click "play" to watch video.
Why Choose the St. Rita Program?
Academic level is consistently related to higher earnings and career development. Education is also a primary factor in fighting poverty! Over the past year:
- 78 participants graduated with credentials
- 69 participants secured employment
- 49 participants saw an increase in wages
…and these numbers continue to grow!
The St. Rita Workforce Program is offered year-round at Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas. Program participants should expect to complete the program within 12 months. Completion is dependent on career path selection.
The St. Rita Program can help unemployed and underemployed individuals advance in:
- Skilled trades (electrician, machine operator, welder, etc.)
- Healthcare (nursing, physical therapist, occupational therapist, etc.)
- Information Technology (IT manager, web developer, data analyst, etc.)
- Life Sciences (lab technician, research assistant, etc.)
- And more! If you are interested in furthering your education in these or similar fields, please review our program eligibility and contact us.
St. Rita Program Services
- Personalized assessments to determine the best training/career path
- Assistance with identifying high-demand occupations with a sustainable income
- Referrals for grants, scholarships and other tuition assistance
- Work readiness training
- Resume and interview assistance
- Access to Catholic Charities’ financial coaching and additional resources
- Person-centered career coaching to support educational and career employment goals (during the program and post-graduation)
- Connections to community partners and agencies
- Support in removing barriers to successful completion of training program and/or stable employment
The months I spent with the St. Rita Program taught me so much more than being a technician. [...] My graduation that year was a victory for my whole family."
—Lavaunte, St. Rita Program graduate, class of 2018
Qualifications to Enroll in the St. Rita Program
- Must be within 12 months or less of earning credentials (must be able to complete program within 12 months)
- Must display an interest in Skilled Trades, Healthcare, IT or Life Sciences careers
- Must be committed to engaging in intensive case management with Catholic Charities
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be authorized to work and study in the U.S.
Ways to Get Involved with Our Program
- Volunteer or Donate
- Provide resume, job or college application review assistance. Learn more about volunteering with Catholic Charities.
- Donate gifts in kind to help students pay for school-related expenses. Learn more about Ways to Give with Catholic Charities.
- Become an Employer Partner
- Offer internships to program participants
- Provide job shadowing opportunities
- Support job placement for St. Rita graduates within your company
- Become a Community Partner
- Offer student referrals to our program
St. Rita Program & Workforce
St. Rita Program | Zipporah's Story Snow Ball 2022 Featured Video
Hope Story | St. Rita Program
Hope Story | St. Rita Program
St. Rita Program | Brent's Story
St Rita Program | Lavaunte's Story
The St. Rita Program is part of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas’ Workforce department.
Use the form below to contact the Workforce team.
Please submit other questions to our general Contact Catholic Charities page.
Hope Stories and Blog Posts About Our Workforce Programs
Partner with Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas and help individuals find employment that respects their dignity and supports their families. Our Workforce Program offers Employment