As COVID-19 continues to affect our daily routines, our neighbors in need require our support more than ever.
Providing Disaster Relief
Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas provides both long and short term support for our neighbors in need. Our emergency support includes providing food, housing and utility assistance through our Family Support Centers.
In this time of trial, we are reminded of our common humanity—and our calling to support those in need.
How Can You Help?
The community is already looking to Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas to provide disaster relief for basic needs including food, supplies and more. We expect that need to continue to grow in the coming weeks. Please trust that we operate effectively and efficiently with $0.91 of every dollar donated supporting those who could benefit the most from our programs and services. Donate Now.
Donate Food or Host a Food Drive
Right now, food remains our greatest need as people are not comfortable participating in traditional food drives. Food items may be dropped off at our Hope Distribution Center.
If you are a business or other organization, you can host a food drive for Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas. Nonperishable pantry staples are most needed. Please contact Denise Ogilvie at [email protected] for more information.
Practice Good Hygeine
According to the CDC, these are some of the best ways to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus:
- Clean your hands often
- Avoid close contact with others
- Stay home if you are sick
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Clean and disinfect your surroundings
- Wear a mask in public spaces
- Get vaccinated
With the worldwide outbreak of the coronavirus, we are confronted once more with the fragility of our lives, and again we are reminded of our common humanity — that the peoples of this world are our brothers and sisters, that we are all one family under God.
Stay Up to Date
In times of crisis, the best things we can do is to provide support for those in need and to remain calm. These are some resources we recommend for information on COVID-19:
- Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas’ blog and newsletter.
- The Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas provides coronavirus guidelines for the faithful.
- The United States’ Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides news and information on the outbreak.
- The Kansas Department of Health and Environment regularly updates their site with information about COVID-19 in the Kansas area.
Questions? Please fill out our general contact form or contact our director of disaster relief, Denise Ogilvie, at [email protected]
“Whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.”
Updates & Resource Center
COVID-19 Resources and Blog Posts