- 1 1/2-pound tomatillos
- 1/2 cup chopped onion.
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 jalapeno or serrano peppers, stemmed, seeded, and chopped.
- Salt to taste
- Remove papery husks from tomatillos and rinse well. Place tomatillos in saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon.
- Place tomatillos, onion, cilantro, lime juice, sugar and peppers in food processor or blender and pulse until all ingredients are finely chopped and mixed.
- Salt to taste and cool in refrigerator.
- Serve with chips or as a salsa accompaniment to Mexican dishes.
- Makes 3 cups.