- 1 bunch Swiss chard
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic coarsely chopped.
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes.
- salt to taste
- Wash the Swiss chard and cut it into 1-inch strips. Separate the thick and tough stalk sections from the upper leafy strips.
- Bring the water and 1 tablespoon of salt to a boil in a large saucepan. Cook the stalk sections in the salted boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the leafy strips and cook until the leaves are wilted, and the stalks are forking tender, about 6 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a large skillet over medium heat until aromatic, about 3 minutes.
- Add the drained Swiss chard, cook and stir for 2 minutes, season with salt to taste.
- Before serving, serve 6.