- 1 bunch mustard greens cut into 1-2″ pieces.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion chopped.
- 1 clove garlic minced.
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root.
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomato
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste.
- 1/2 cup half & half
- Heat oil in a medium cooking pot, then sauté onion until almost tender. Stir in garlic, ginger and red pepper.
- Add a bit of water or broth to the cooking pot (to prevent burning); bring heat down to low, toss in mustard greens, cover and steam a few minutes until only slightly wilted.
- Mix in kidney beans, diced tomato, curry powder and salt.
- Stir in half and half and continue cooking just until heated through.
- Serve with rice.