A Fair and Honest Immigration Clinic
Comprehensive Legal Services
La Luz Immigration Clinic is a full-service immigration law firm sponsored by Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas. Run by bilingual (Spanish/English) representatives and an attorney, La Luz provides vital legal assistance on non-business immigration matters.
Para leer esta página en español, seleccione el botón de idioma en la parte superior del sitio web. | Read this page in Spanish by clicking the language button at the top of this webpage.
Many immigrants—both legal and undocumented—are at risk of being taken advantage of by predatory services. La Luz Immigration Clinic is low-cost and helps immigrants learn about their legal rights.
We provide affordable legal counseling and representation for a wide-range of issues including:
- Family-Based petitions
- Adjustment of Status applications
- Consideration for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Renewal/Replacement of Permanent Resident Card
- Self-Petitions for Battered Spouses and Children
- Applications for Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
- Travel Documents
- Removal Conditions Based on Residence
- Referrals as Appropriate
- K Visas for fiancé
- U Visas for victims of crime
Benefits of Receiving Our Legal Services
- Secure employment to become more financially stable
- A chance to reunite with family
- Ability to seek help from law enforcement, health or education officials without fear
- Receive reliable legal information, advice, representation and/or referrals
- Access to Catholic Charities resources and 30+ programs
We also assist undocumented immigrants who have no legal options by making them aware of their legal rights. This information empowers them to avoid predatory legal services that offer fraudulent permits for large amounts of money.
Meet the Team
Our empathetic and experienced staff are specialized to assist on a variety of legal issues. They are also trained to work with individuals who have experienced trauma due to gang-related or domestic violence.
Bilingual Managing Immigration Attorney
Bilingual Senior Department of Justice Accredited Representative
Bilingual Department of Justice Accredited Representative
Learn More About La Luz Immigration Clinic
Did you know?
- We handle 800-900 new cases each year
- We always represent naturalization cases pro bono
- We have provided legal services for 281 Afghan evacuees throughout the state of Kansas since the fall of Afghanistan
- We provide over $150,000 worth of pro-bono immigration legal services per year
- We provide services to the refugee populations served by Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas’ Refugee Resettlement team
Contact La Luz Immigration Clinic
La Luz is hosted in our Wyandotte County (KCK) Office and Family Support Center.
To contact La Luz or schedule an appointment, please call: 913.906.8935