At Catholic Community Hospice, our focus is on caring for those with a life-limiting illness and their family members. We take a team approach to managing the physical as well as the emotional and spiritual effects of the disease. End-of-life care is provided in the comfort of home or in an assisted living community, skilled nursing facility or hospital. Our staff make regular visits to assess and provide support to the patient and family.
How We Help
- Our compassionate and experienced staff are specially trained to handle sensitive issues and can facilitate end-of-life care discussions with patients and their families.
- Patient and family informational visits about hospice services are available at any time; there is no cost and no need for a physician’s order.
- A physician’s order will be required to start hospice services.
- Patients may continue to see their primary physician or may choose to have the hospice medical director guide their care upon admittance.
- Medications and equipment related to the terminal illness are provided at no cost.
Why Choose Catholic Community Hospice?
- Revenues generated are returned to the community through programs
and services provided by Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas
- Low patient-to-nurse ratio
- Music and massage therapy
- Vet-to-Vet Volunteer program
- Transitional care
- Higher degree of spiritual care
- Access to wrap-around services offered through Catholic Charities
(in-home support, mental health counseling, emergency assistance, etc.)
- Only Catholic hospice in the Kansas City area
- Serves people of all faiths
Catholic Community Hospice does not exclude, deny benefits to, or otherwise discriminate against any person on the grounds of religion, race, color, or national origin, or on the basis of disability or age in admission to, participation in, or receipt of the services and benefits under any of its programs and activities.