How You Can Help
There are many ways to get involved with New Roots for Refugees, including volunteering! Whether you like to work outside or inside, weekly or monthly, on the farm or at a farmers market, there are a variety of ways you can support refugee farmers. We will be hosting a training for all new volunteers on Wednesday, April 27th at 6 PM. If you are interested, please fill out our Volunteer Interest Form and follow the link at the end to sign up for the training. Find more information about our various volunteer roles below.
- Farm Share: Wed. or Thurs. Mornings/Evenings
- Farm Share Volunteers may either deliver produce to one of four Farm Share locations and distribute weekly pick-ups for Farm Share customers, or both. Farm Share Volunteers will receive a discount on a Farm Share subscription. Contact email@example.com for questions.
- Market: Tuesday mornings, Thursday afternoons, or Saturday mornings
- Transport 1st year farmers and their vegetables to farmers markets; assist farmers in setting up market stands and selling produce once a month. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
- Farm Friend: 4 Hours Bi-weekly/Weekly, Flexible
- Volunteers with gardening or agricultural experience are paired with one farmer to assist them with tasks in their garden plot such as weeding or harvesting. Farm Friends commit to communicating with the farmer and scheduling a work time weekly or bi-weekly. Contact email@example.com for questions.